The Cereal Bowl Series - The Farm

My Farm - The Cereal Farm





Today is a great day, it's Pre Cereal Day! Before you can enjoy your lovely bowl of Cereal, you must first grow that lovely goodness. That is where I come in. I now can grow my own pure pre cereal goodness!
"I need somebody willing to sit up all night with a newborn colt. And watch it die. Then dry his eyes and say, 'Maybe next year.' I need somebody who can shape an ax handle from a persimmon sprout, shoe a horse with a hunk of car tire, who can make harness out of haywire, feed sacks and shoe scraps. And who, planting time and harvest season, will finish his forty-hour week by Tuesday noon, then, pain'n from 'tractor back,' put in another seventy-two hours."


I thought since I lost my bid for congress of West Virginia I should still do something great! This is my hopes for greatness. Farming, the last greatness. Lets make the future Generation Great Farmers!
Somebody willing to ride the ruts at double speed to get the hay in ahead of the rain clouds and yet stop in mid-field and race to help when he sees the first smoke from a neighbor's place.

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"A great figure or physique is nice, but it's self-confidence that makes someone really sexy."
 Somebody who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the broken leg of a meadow lark. It had to be somebody who'd plow deep and straight and not cut corners. Somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed and rake and disc and plow and plant and tie the fleece and strain the milk and replenish the self-feeder and finish a hard week's work with a five-mile drive to church

Comments

Popular Posts